"Storytelling" is the key to great learning design.
Simply eLearning — instructional design experts.
Discover how instructional design for eLearning can transform your business
Successful instructional design creates instinctive and memorable ways for participants to acquire new knowledge and skills, breaking down major learning pieces into engaging units with clear objectives for team members to complete and be assessed on.
What instructional design for eLearning can do
Here are just some of the things instructional design can do:
We do this by
Simplifying the complex
A learning experience that stimulates someone’s mind, provides active learning opportunities and focuses on the learner, is an experience they will remember.
Here’s what instructional design doesn’t do:
Are you ready to tell your story? Let us bring your ideas to life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Instructional design aims to simplify complex tasks, condense knowledge and steep learning curves through powerful visual and digital communication.
By breaking down complex instructions and process flows into simple, digestible topics, instructional design for eLearning allows any learner to gain a better comprehension of content and track progress with clearly defined assessments and learning outcomes.
At Simply eLearning, we’re ready to help you transform whatever content you have — from the most complex and detailed to the bare bones — into powerful storytelling and engaging learning units. Our team will work directly with you to understand your business and the unique requirements you’ll have for given learning outcomes.
Simply eLearning takes a focused approach to creating effective eLearning instructional design that’s engaging and beneficial to the learner. Our key principles for effective eLearning include:
- Transparent communication — We connect with all key stakeholders to agree on the desired learning outcomes and maintain transparency throughout the process to create clear learning objectives and outline the goals of the eLearning instructional design.
- Creating a user-focused experience — Our creative gurus will collaborate to transform bulky, tedious content into interactive eLearning instructional design, from videos to animation and quizzes, to keep learners motivated and focused and increase their retention. With the latest digital communication strategies and engagement techniques, you can count on our creative crew to review and test your content until it’s at its best!
- Opportunities for assessment and feedback — Our eLearning instructional design includes opportunities for assessment and feedback, such as interactive quizzes, to help learners track their progress and understand what they need to do to improve.
- Accessibility and usability — Our eLearning instructional design is self-paced and can be modified to suit all types of learners with an easy-to-navigate eLearning platform.
- Relevance and practical application — Effective eLearning instructional design should focus on practical, relevant content that learners can apply in their daily work or personal lives.
Learning objectives in instructional design for eLearning refer to the specific, measurable and observable outcomes learners can achieve after completing a course or training program. They provide a clear and concise description of what learners will know and be able to do as a result of the instruction.
When determining a learning objective for your learners, it should begin with an action verb to describe what the learner will be able to do, such as “describe,” “analyse,” “solve,” or “apply,” and simplify the content they will work on. They should be relevant to the learner’s needs or goals and aligned with their personal and professional development.